Thursday, September 11, 2008

It takes time....


Bob and I are so content to finally have Hannah as our daughter, but...it takes time to "fall in love" with your child. Did you know that? I didn't. I thought that the feelings of being "in love" would be automatic after so much that we have been through together, but we since have learned (through reading about bonding and attachment in adoption) that it is normal for love to grow gradually and not be there in full measure for quite some time.

Would you pray that we will be patient and kind in all our actions with Hannah? We want to be the best parents possible for her and love her, and love her...and LOVE her...to the greatest measure! :) We cherish YOUR prayers.

2 comments:

The Clevelands said...

Hi Bob and Lori - I will let David know and we will definitely be praying! I'm sure you are great parents!

Mellyanne said...

Aww, you guys are the cutest! You know, I thought that too about falling in love immediately, but when I had Bailey, it took me a few months! I felt terrible about it but it did take me time too. I'm sure you're doing a wonderful job! And I'll pray for you guys with the patience if you'll pray for some for me too :) I need it immensely! I think one of the hardest things I've had to do as a parent is to try to stay calm and not overreact when my kids disobey or whatever the offense is.

Great pictures! Thanks for sharing. Hey, did you guys know I have a blog? I haven't been doing it as much these past few weeks because I've been feeling very tired and a bit dried up mentally but it's http://homeschoolblogger.com/thelordismyshepherd